Hackers continue to evolve their tactics at lightening-speed and are leaving Fortune 500 and government organizations struggling to keep pace. This is a serious issue, particularly as they become more creative in their efforts to embed malicious code within standard business operations documentation – pdf files, graphic files, Microsoft office documents, etc.
And, given enterprise-wide integration of applications to create enterprise-wide systems, the risk of enabling hackers to steal corporate data is exponential. If just one employee within the network opens an attachment infected with malware, the affect may be catastrophic.
The previous philosophies of reliance on anti-virus software installed on network hardware (even with virus scanning gateways) and employee computers, has proven to be insufficient for a long list of technical reasons, and does not provide protection against files uploaded by users outside the immediate corporate network (public website forms, etc.).
Bottom line — many organizations have failed to adapt their thinking when it comes to cybersecurity outside of their direct hardware, and it’s costing them millions. Government fines, ransomware demands, and downtime to recover lost/corrupt files equate to millions in lost revenue.
To combat the issue, risk management for file management applications/libraries must be reconsidered, both on-premises and in the cloud. And, given the nature of corporate infrastructure and the integration of multiple, complimentary applications to create enterprise systems, it is important to apply cybersecurity throughout.
Enter EZProtect® – the industry’s first, and leading, antivirus solution for Salesforce attachments, and upcoming release of the EZProtect On Demand Scanner™ (ODS) API. With the addition of the highly-anticipated release of the EZProtect (ODS) API, any cloud-based or on-premises application with an API (such as Box.com, Sharefile, Office 365 OneDrive, Mulesoft, Boomi, etc. ) may also connect to EZProtect enabling enterprise-wide virus scanning of files with centralized reporting.
- Real-time, on-demand scanning of files with automatic quarantine of unknown files keeps networks safe while users get on with their day.
- High Performance Scanning – increased parallel processing for files for speed
- URL Scanning – scans for malicious URL endpoints within files/attachments in addition to viruses
- Comprehensive Salesforce Environment Scanning – scans complete Salesforce environments including documents, attachments, content versions, files, and static resources
- Unlimited number of connectors available to enable EZProtect to actively scan all files/attachments throughout as many applications as necessary.
- Custom File Type Blocking, Filtering & Sorting – the ability to identify specific types of files that should be blocked based on the physical extension of the file and block or approve them.
- Centralized enterprise cybersecurity operations center offering cloud-based user interface and custom integrations with Splunk, Salesforce, or other reporting applications.
- Dashboard and Metrics – provides both cumulative metrics across all connected applications as well as connector-specific metrics per application via the EZProtect User Interface dashboard.
- Customized Behavior & Notifications – provides system administrators with the ability to set a variety of behavior and notifications after a file has been scanned.
- Vanity URL – Custom domains (yourcompany.ezprotect.io) to easily access EZProtect.
- EZProtect is applicable to all hosting environments including AWS, Azure and on-premises hosting environments for both co.
- Container-based Partitioning Technology – to lock down customer data and ensure the highest level of data security available on the market today
EZProtect is available through Deloitte, Accenture, Carahsoft, 6 Street Technologies and other leading professional services firms offering technology and cybersecurity implementation services. For more information about the upcoming Spring ’19 release, contact us today.