Herjavec Group advises to be cautious of any emails with subject lines, hyperlinks or attachments related to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Cybercriminal activity tends to increase significantly following a natural disaster of this magnitude.For example, fraudulent emails that mimic reputable charitable organizations requesting donations, often contain malicious links or attachments that direct users to malware-infected websites.
Herjavec Group would like to recommend that users and administrators take the following precautions to ensure they stay cyber safe:
- Have updated antivirus software installed on computers
- Administrators should block encrypted email attachments and block all malicious attachments
- Do not click on links in email messages. Hover over the links to ensure that they are not pointing to a malicious web address
- Verify the legitimacy of an email by contacting the organization directly using a trusted contact number found on their official website
About Herjavec Group
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.
Ready to protect your data? What You Can Do:
- Immediately, install a FREE 30-day Trial of EZProtect Antivirus and connect it to your Salesforce org(s) to start scanning files, document uploads, or chatter for viruses or malicious content. Once this is complete, you will have a sense of how many files your organization scans per month and you will be well poised to convert to a paid plan.
- You may also download the full brochure with FAQs and schedule a demo to better understand how the tool works inside and outside of Salesforce by visiting www.adaptus.com/portfolio/ezprotect/.